Monday, February 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Canaan




Canaan is 12 today. Where has the years gone? It seems like only last week I was laying in the hospital bed, holding him, counting his little toes. I thank God for giving him to us. He is the greatest helper, a wonderful big brother, and so much more than I could have ever wished for in a son. He gave his heart to Jesus when he was 5 years old, and has always had a will to serve Christ. He just recently got sanctified and has proclaimed the call to preach. I am so proud of him. Happy Birthday, Canaan.
Today for his special day I took him to Ponderosa for lunch and then on to Wal-Mart so he could spend some of his birhtday money. We bought a small cake and took it to Grandpa and Grandma Heskett's house so we could all celebrate together. Grandpa Steve gave him his birthday spanking. He does it every year, but not without a fight, and every year he tells Grandpa he won't be able to do it next year.LOL
He had a special birthday celebration here today, but will soon be going to Grandpa and Grandma Roush's where he is planning a celebration at Chuck E Cheese with Keith Michael Lance and Austin White.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Tell Canaan I said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY". Hope to see you guys soon.

Love ya

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Hi Valerie, this is sue pittman. I read your blog. I love it. Are you all coming to camp 08? Hope to see you all here. take care. Sue

Becky said...

I think that we need to update your Family picture:)