Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day at Rising Park



















I love Memorial Day! I love the memories of past Memorial Day's that I spent with my family. We would spend the Saturday helping dad clean his school bus for the parade. You really don't realize how many windows a bus has until you have to clean them. :) Then we would have to get up early on Monday to get our fresh cut flowers and Bible ready, it was the last day of the school year when we had to wear our school uniforms. Then we would meet in front of the Towers on Main St. and get lined up to march in the Memorial Day parade with our Christian Academy. The parade ended at the National Cemetary where we would place our fresh cut flowers that we kept fresh from a wet paper towel and aluminum foil on a soldier's grave. After the parade our church youth would go to Knottsville Ball Park for softball games and a cookout until late in the evening. I know this is probably more information than you needed but I thought I would share! :)
Early today we took the kids to Rising Park for a picnic lunch from KFC. It was a beautiful day, the weather was great! Candi played at the playground she loves to slide. I could hardly pull her away. :)

Canaan fished there and got a few bites but they got away. It was a fun day! I love making memories with the family God has given me, They are my LIFE!













No comments: