Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Precious GRAND-Mother


My grandmother just celebrated her 84th birthday. She is one of the sweetest ladies I know. She always wants to help someone, she has been a hard worker all her life, and though her life has not been easy she never complained. I have such wonderful childhood memories of her that I will cherish always. She has been so giving to anyone she saw with a need. She spent time on the Mission field in Haiti until sickness forced her to come home. The little orphans that she worked with over there stole her heart and they loved her so much. She speaks fondly of her time there. My grandmother now has Alzheimer's and we don't know how long she will be as we know her now, but I thank God for a wonderful, Godly Grandmother. Happy Birthday Grandma Ellie, I love you!

1 comment:

urhis said...

How blessed you are to still be enjoying your grandmother. Happy Birthday to her! By the way I am Victoria's sister and I have a message for one of your family members could you e-mail me?

urhis2002@yahoo.com

Cathy (Mayle) Avery